Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Getting things rolling...

Well, Happy New Year everyone!! We're officially 4 months away from the tournament, so planning will begin shortly as soon as the Spring semester starts. I am always looking for help. Even if you dont live in Orlando, please email me or message me on KGS (starstreak) if you think you'll have time to help me. No experience is needed, just spare time, which can be hard to come by.

I'm getting myself better aquianted with PyTD 2.0 pairing software, so by the tournament i should be very proficient with it. Currently, my primary objectives are to:
A) Ensure we have food this time at the tournament...last time everyone almost starved ;)
B) Get sponsors!! Prizes are always nice.
C) This is one perhaps all of you can help me with. I know for a fact that there are go players in Florida whom I do not know of that play on KGS. If, once in a while when you're online, you could ask in the English Game Room whether anyone's from Florida and if anyone responds have them join our room, that would be fantastic.


I'm getting positive feedback so far from local players here in Orlando; I know our turnout is going to be far larger than 2007, so make sure you all come!!

Joshua Lee
Tournament Organizer, 2008 Orlando Go Tournament
AGA 2dan/KGS 1dan

2 comments:

animalgirl said...

i cant wait until the 2008 tournament. i am so excited! i hope i go:)

Mile said...

I will do my best!